1. Pre-foundation: Prepare a good base for foundation
It’s important to take care of your skin before applying foundation! A good base will help the foundation apply flawless and increase longevity
It’s important to determine what base works best for you and gives you YOUR most desired look.
Do you prefer a Dewy Look?
Make sure to apply a great moisturizer and primer that is targeted to provide a more dewy look. An oil is also great to apply before foundation OR added to the foundation
Do you prefer a Matte look?
Apply a moisturizer and primer targeted for a more matte look. Let the moisturizer dry for a few minutres before applying foundation. The foundation will adhere to the skin better for a more matte or full coverage look, and will make the foundation last longer!
2. Find a foundation best for your skin type
3. Use a beauty tool best for you
4. Find your favorite application techniques
Everyone likes to apply foundation their own way, figure out what works and looks best for you. Here’s my favorite way:
This will prevent overdone cakeface while still achieving a flawless look. I prefer going over any spots with a full coverage foundation versus concealer so the colors blend flawlessly and not give a patchy look.
5. Complete the look!
b. Set the foundation!
It's very important to set your foundation with a powder if you want a more matte or lasting finish. You can also “bake” your face for increasing the longevity of your make-up
Find a powder that works best for you: Translucent, Light Coverage, More Coverage, Mineral, etc.
Products Used in Video:
• Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional
• beautyblender Original Makeup Sponge
• MILANI Conceal + Perfect 2-In-1 Foundation + Concealer - Sand Beige
• Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Rich Tan
• Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, Neutralizer
• Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder, Natural Beige 60
• Morphe M104 - ANGLE BLUSH Brush
• Wet n Wild Color Icon Contouring Palette, Caramel Toffee
• Coty Airspun Loose Powder, Translucent
• Milani Baked Bronzer, Soleil
• NYX Ombre Blush, Mauve ME
• Maybelline Facestudio Master Fix Setting Spray
Welcome to my blog!
My name is Tiffany and I'm a beauty, fashion, fitness & lifestyle blogger & YouTuber.