I’ve recently bought a couple of derma-rollers to help with some acne scars, even my skin tone, and to kick up my current skincare routine!
WHAT IS DERMAROLLING?
A skin needling device with many small surgical needles that come in many different shapes and sizes and qualities.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Typically, you use the device to literally roll over your face and cause superficial “injures” to the skin. This in returns tricks your skin into producing more collagen, as it thinks there is damage to the skin. You can use this on your face and body.
· Generate more collagen to the skin
· Even skin tone and help the texture of your skin
· Minimizes hyperpigmentation, acne scars, cellulite & stretch marks
· Better absorption of skin care products
HOW-TO: You want to roll over the area of skin you are targeting up and down about 5 times or so WITH THE CORRECT ROLLER SIZE. Be sure to not go over active pimples, ruptured pimples or active wounds. Then typically you want to use a vitamin c serum after you have dermarolled for great collagen production. (You’re face be a little red and the serum may sting a bit, please patch test and do what you think is best for your skin type) Also, please do not use any aggressive skin care products after dermarolling as it may really sting or damage your skin such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retin-a, etc. Use those items on the days you are not dermarolling.
Roller sizes, the number of needles and quality of the tool will vary.
I bought a .5 mm for my face and a 1.0 mm for my body from an amazon seller, example below:
**Please note I bought these rollers at my own discretion (mostly because of the great price - around $15)**
Here are some notable and popular derma-roller/micro-needling sets you can also check out:
DOES IT HURT?
I would not say it hurts, not to me. It may be just an uncomfortable feeling at first, but then you get used to it. When I used it for the first time, I used slight but gentle pressure and it did not hurt to me a bit.
I have only used the derma-roller once on my face with the .5mm, so I can only give my initial opinions. Quite honestly, I LOVED IT! My face was slightly red after using it and the serum stung a slight bit, but nothing out of the ordinary for me, as it calmed down shortly after. What I really loved most is how well it made my serum absorb into my skin and how it gave my skin a luminescent effect. The next day I definitely noticed my skin being brighter, not a huge difference, but definitely looked brighter. I can wait to use this continuously (possibly twice a week) along with some great skin care products to give my final opinion and results.
· Depending on the quality of your roller, be sure to replace it with a new one about every 3 months (can hold bacteria and/or needle quality can diminish and damage skin)
· Be sure to clean and sterilize your roller after every use
· Don’t apply too heavy of pressure (could cause bleeding)
· Track your progress
· Don’t overdo it
· Have fun!
As mentioned before, I am currently between moving. Once I move into my new place, I really want to fix up my desk/vanity where I can get ready and store all of makeup, while also building up my make-up collection. Here are 27 different vanity inspirations that are inspiring my own vanity. xo
(click read more to see all 27)
Here are some of my favorite fall make-up looks at the moment! I love dark fall colors, smokey eyes, vampy lips.. Each photo is linked to the make-up tutorial.
Please let me know your favorite look and I may re-create the look. xo
Today you can find my list of the top trending beauty/make-up products of the moment. Of course there are way more than this, but these are just my top picks and items I hope to buy soon. xo
**under each product you can find links to my favorite YouTubers using or mentioning the product. there you can see some tutorials and how each product really looks**
Please let me know your thoughts and be sure to tell me some of your favorite beauty products on your wishlist at the moment!
I’m sure almost every girl’s favorite body parts to workout include their legs and booty! We all want a tight, firm, lifted butt with some nice, long, lean and toned legs.
**some great fitspo shown above. click on each pic to find links to each girl's IG**
The best way to achieve this is with HEAVY WEIGHT, INSTENSITY and CONSISTENCY. I have noticed a lot change in my legs in the past few months with my legs workouts. Here is one of my go-to leg routines to do in the gym, along with some nice tips! I do have some great leg workouts and links that can be done at home, let me know if you want to see some of those as well.
· CABLE DONKEY KICK BACK 5 sets – 20 reps, 16 reps, 12, 10, 8 -increase weight after each
· HIP ABDUCTION 5 sets – 20 reps, 16 reps, 12, 10, 8 -increase weight after each set
· Leaning forward, holding onto back, butt away from the pad, heavy
· Right after -> drop weight, sit back & go all the back
· Up weight & do 5-10 pulses
· SUMO SQUATS (deep) 5 sets – 20 reps, 16 reps, 12, 10, 8 -increase weight after each set bar
· SPLIT SQUATS 5 sets – 20 reps, 16 reps, 12, 10, 8 -increase weight after each set
· LEG PRESS (feet wide and high) 5 sets – 20 reps, 16, 12, 10, 8 -increase weight after each
· LEG EXTENSION 5 sets – 20 reps, 16 reps, 12, 10, 8 -increase weight after each
o Keep up the INTENSITY– try and keep breaks less than 30 secs, keep your heartrate up (heartrate bands/watches are great!), challenge yourself with HEAVY WEIGHTS
o CARDIO – if you’re trying to burn extra fat, incorporate HIIT cardio after your workouts, use most of your energy for the weights
o PROTEIN – try to make sure you are eating enough protein (I use myfitnesspal to track protein), typically you need as much as your body weight in grams to maintain/gain muscles mass (but be sure to watch your calories)
o CONSISTENCY – you cannot do this workout once and expect to see results. You may be sore, but CONSISTENCY and keeping a weekly schedule is best. (aim to do this for at least a month/two months straight.
Thanks for your support! xo
If you know me… you know I LOVE to eat. I’m currently in between moving and haven’t had much time to make my own food; therefore, I have to resort to eating out a lot. Unfortunately, fast food does not always have the best of choices. When I go out to eat, I make sure I check the macro-nutrients (usually using google or myfitnesspal). I like going with low calorie & high protein choices. And try to stay away from sugary/high calorie soft drinks, bottled water is your best bet. Here are some of my top somewhat healthier fast food choices.
1. Taco Bell Fresco Soft Tacos
· (chicken, 3 soft tacos)
Total Calories: 420
Total Carbs: 48
Total Fat: 11
Total Protein: 30
2. Zaxby’s Grilled Caesar Salad
· (Ceasar Salad Base, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese, Croutons, Grilled Chicken)
Total Calories: 516
Total Carbs: 24
Total Fat: 24
Total Protein: 51
3. Captain D’s Grilled White Fish and Shrimp Skewer Meal - Calories (Carbs/Fat/Protein)
· Grilled White Fish 101 (1/3/12)
· Shrimp Skewer 175 (1/8/25)
· Breadstick 148 (22/5/3) - could even not eat the breadstick if you choose J
· Rice 90 (16/2/2)
· Broccoli 22 (4/0/2)
Total Calories: 536
Total Fat: 18
Total Protein: 44
4. Panera You Pick Two
· Half Fuji Apple Salad w/ Half Dressing 240 (15/14/16)
· Broccoli Cheddar Soup (cup) 220 (15/14/9)
· Apple 80 (21/0/0)
Total Calories: 540
Total Carbs: 51
Total Fat: 28
Total Protein: 25
5. Chipotle Bowl
· (white rice, black beans, chicken, tomato salsa, lettuce..and sometimes either corn or light cheese)
About = Total Calories: 590
Total Carbs: 77
Total Fat: 10
Total Protein: 47
*please know I am in no way a dietitian, just some of my own “healthier” picks when I’m eating out*
Please let me know your thoughts/comments. I have a ton of other food examples like these, if you would like to see more. xo
I have a thing for mesh and sheer clothing items (but keep it classy ladies) see my favorites picks from https://www.missguided.co.uk/.
Welcome to my blog!
My name is Tiffany and I'm a beauty, fashion, fitness & lifestyle blogger & YouTuber.